At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Serve as the Strategic HR Business Partner and Coach for Market Asia-Pacific, plus Site Lead for location Shanghai, in all relevant people strategy and operational management issues. Lead the HR APAC team delivering service across Market Asia-Pacific, to include Greater China, Japan, Korea and South East Asia/Pacific. Serve as Senior HR Leader onsite, HR-Business Partner for the Managing Director APAC, and coordinate all Market HR activities, indirectly managing and providing leadership for other HR Functions that are located in Shanghai but have direct reporting lines into the global HR functions. Ensure we are providing the best HR strategies and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain the best people for today and tomorrow.
- Own and design, in partnership within the HR Senior Leadership Team, the Strategic People Strategy and lead the execution and control of the Human Resources People Strategy for APAC. Collaborate with global partners where needed. Ensure harmonized implementation across all locations in APAC.
- Accountable for the execution of the People Strategy, HR Strategy and people experience across APAC by delivering meaningful moments that matter.
- Drive Strategic Workforce Management and Organisational Design/Development initiatives in APAC.
- Accountable for Actions that legally expose us/employee in the Market. Actions that put our employee safety and security at risks, actions that are detrimental to the Company, Brand/Employer Brand in the market/location/site.
- Partner and build strong relationships with the APAC Leadership team, and Group Functional leaders on site.
- Drive and lead decisions on all facility-related topics that impact and/or effect People within Shanghai and across the market. Work with the Facilities site teams to ensure our employees are at the heart of everything we do. Manage site space requirements vs. workforce with the Facilities Management teams.
- Actively support business initiatives and business needs with effective people products/ services and measures that promote positive creative climate for our people.
- Enable and support business teams across the location on key employee communications of all people topics, i.e. Town Halls, Employee Meetings, etc.
- Ensure that all aspects of staffing, employee relations for all employees are delivered timely and in accordance with relevant labor and commercial legislation, in line with corporate guidelines.
- Manage HR legal compliance, sustainability, legal entity, employee governing bodies topics for the market and location Shanghai with legal, tax and the business.
- Work closely with the Rewards team to input, shape, develop and promote overall compensation & benefit programs and ensure seamless and consistent implementation that is fit for purpose to the customer and aligned with the Global people strategy.
- Work closely with the Talent team to input, shape, develop and promote overall Talent programs, learning and leadership products to ensure a seamless and consistent implementation that is fit for purpose to the customer and aligned with the Global people strategy.
- Ensure smooth processes for recruitment and transfer activities in close cooperation with Global Talent Acquisition. Lead the recruitment in partnership with the talent acquisition partner for the Senior Management team role of adidas APAC and location Shanghai.
- Accountable to ensure the team takes responsibility for and executes all core annual people processes including: people planning, annual salary rounds, promotions/salary adjustments, succession planning, talent identification, talent conferences, performance reviews, etc. for Market APAC and location Shanghai are implemented with excellence and consistency. Evolve and utilize the global HR reporting in business decision-making about people and org evolution decisions.
- Lead and Inspire the HR team members and give functional direction according to the global, as well as the Market, People Strategies and concepts, ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant HR processes (one voice to the customer).
- Define organizational structure, set objectives and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Drive and maintain people engagement of the team at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training and development of people in the team.
- HR Leadership Team
- Managing Director APAC and the Leadership team, GOPS, IT, Finance, Corporate Communications and Legal
- HR Leaders for Commercial Functions / Global Operations / Finance / Legal
- HR Talent and Talent Acquisition
- HR Rewards
- Corporate Services/Facilities, Communications, Employee Groups etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the company
- An acute sense of business management and administration
- A strong and dedicated understanding towards the Group and customers’ needs
- MS Office skills, SAP experience is a plus
- Experience in managing complex mid- to large-size projects within HR
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills to all employees including senior management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration or related field
- A minimum of 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources Management of a multinational company, with experience in HR Management, Rewards and Development
- Proven strategic HR business partner, having supported business partners AND contributed to the further development of standard/global HR products and services
- Experience in handling complicated employee relations issues including union drives/organizing attempts, discrimination claims, sexual harassment investigations and downsizing
- Experience in leading a HR team on acquisition/divestiture and integration of a new organization is a plus