At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Support continuous improvement of material/ component APP testing processes to ensure the highest level of material/ component (lab) testing, take ownership for material quality and contribute to deliver industry leading materials. Support innovation on material level for brand wide or seasonal driven material/ component concepts and contribute to develop “The most beautiful sport product“ to end consumer.
- Execute all kinds of chemical/ physical APP material and component tests within the given timelines according to latest standards and assist in development for new test methods/ equipment for assessment of new technologies
- Support material/ component development on revolutionary, evolutionary and BU specific level and innovative material development projects assessing performance of material during initial stages of development and elaborate correlation from fabric tests to wear testing results
- Write scientific reports, summaries, and presentations to impact material/ component use
- Evaluate, track, analyse and communicate test results through comprehensive presentations or other means to respective counterparts; ensure proper data management in the respective system(s) in time and accurate format
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Expert knowledge of testing standards and processes
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English and German
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere
- Ability to travel
- 4- year College/University degree with focus on material engineering, material testing or equivalent background
- Min. 3 years of progressive working experience in APP industry (lab or manufacturing)