Sport builds strength, confidence and lifelong friendships.
It fights disease and depression. It transcends language, nationality and race.
Sport is every tomorrow that ever made up its mind to be better than the day it left behind. Be part of that tomorrow.
Adi Dassler once said, "You need good thinkers around you. Without them, you’ll go broke." We still take his advice seriously. Our strategy and business development teams consist of original thinkers who help us reach goals, exceed them and then set new ones.
Interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just buzzwords. They’re the everyday benchmarks we set in order to create exceptional business solutions that revolutionize the market. Our teams think beyond the status quo to focus on solutions that leave a lasting impact. We welcome like-minded problem-solvers and visionaries to join us and we are delighted to be working with LBS, Insead and Esade to be potentially making this a reality for you.
Management Training Program - Business Development
adidas Group–Herzogenaurach, Germany
We have launched an exciting partnership with London Business School, Insead, Esade & Bocconi as we look to hire 2 MBA graduates for 12 months into our Management Training Program. You may also be at a different business school, if that’s the case you are still more than welcome to also apply, what matters most to us is that you’re looking for a role to stretch you strategically and you’re passionate about the sporting goods industry. For the first 6 months you will sit in our Western Europe headquarters in Germany as part of the Business Development team helping shape and drive the strategy for the organisation. The second 6 months can either then involve a rotation within one of Western Europe Clusters or a functional rotation into another department, either way you certainly won’t be sitting still. Europe is changing fast: country borders become less relevant for both our consumers and customers and this role offers the perfect opportunity to help shape our business and your career.
ORGANIZATION & COMMUNICATION
- Manage and track initiatives using relevant tools to ensure efficient communication of the vision and the key priorities of the Western European business
- Update the Western European management team regarding status and consequences of individual projects in a consistent and effective manner
- Build a network acting as focal point for local markets, global functions and other key support functions to ensure identification of relevant projects
Manage and support both Operational and Strategic cross-functional projects, ensuring:
- Implement a standard project management approach and efficient communication methodology
- Steer and coordinate collaborative European projects, process improvements, new tools and best-practice sharing that are in alignment with the strategies and priorities of the adidas Group Global Sales organization’s strategy and principles
- The scope and deliverables of the project are clearly aligned to agreed brand strategy and WE strategic priorities.
- A project plan is developed with clearly assigned roles, tasks and milestones, including any dependencies external to the project team.
- Progress is communicated appropriately to all stakeholders and line management
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in consumers goods or consulting (sports industry)
- Previous experience in project management and strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of business KPIs and ability to work with numbers
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to create effective, deep and successful working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Understanding of change management processes
- Good communication and writing skills
- Team player, highly collaborative
- University degree in business studies/marketing/communication, and MBA
- 4 to 5 years work experience with exposure to project management
- Cross-functional experience, ideally within marketing and sales on a Market level
Please note that this is a full-time 12 month contract. All applications must be made via the adidas careers website. The Closing date to receive applications will be Friday 22nd September 2017.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES