At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: To improve efficiency and to significantly impact quality and how we match printing techniques and results across facilities. To make decisions and provide an advanced knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of screen printing on the production floor from art creation, to color separation, to the application to screen, and also the effects and standards needed to be reproduced from the computer monitor to the printed garment so as to reduce error and improve efficiency throughout the Manufacturing Operations function. Provide basic and high-end color separations for Manufacturing, based on tested best practices. Art separations will include creating a proofing packet to be summited to proofing as well as ready separated artwork for Manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot print execution on the production presses and within the Production Art Department.
- Be available to manufacturing floor for on press issues to resolve art, and screen issues.
- Supply the manufacturing floor with answers to art question, drops, color, locations, etc.
- Proactively partner directly with the Canton, MA design team, the Indianapolis design team and varying development teams to ensure all graphics can be executed efficiently within adidas – Indy production capabilities.
- Process all high-end (full color photo and illustration) color separations as it relates to league specifications and scheduling needs.
- Mentor/Coach other Production Artists on separation techniques and processes.
- Proofread separations for errors and make immediate corrections before sending to proofing.
- Convert all graphics into clean production files.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Screen Tech, Manufacturing, Sr. Management and associates.
- Production Art Department Management and artists.
- Outside screen printers.
- Corporate creative design and development teams and their associated Management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in digital color separations, color theory, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of halftone dots and how they work with mesh counts and emulsions; calibration of digital files against problematic dot gains; in-depth and demonstrated knowledge of postscript separations including when and what line count, dot shape and angles to use.
- Full understanding of CTS (computer to screen) printing technologies (i.e., CTS printing strengths and limitations).
- Ability to determine and decide upon the desired effect of graphics and the selection of appropriate ink types and compounds.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of mesh counts, how they coincide with tension and differing types of emulsion.
- Must possess the ability to identify and understand different calibration methods and to be able to perform tests in production.
- Knowledge of different fabrications and fabric contents.
- Must have a full understanding of specialty ink dryer temperatures, squeegee pressures and angels and off contact knowledge and know how they affect different designs.
- Must possess an expert knowledge of Mac and applicable design programs including Adobe Creative Suite heavy on Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Textile screen print knowledge required.
- Mastery level skill in full color photo and illustration color separations and processing required.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to document and demonstrate processes
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of textile screen-print and separations experience required.
- Advanced (or technical) degree required.
- Demonstrated project management and/or analytical experience desired.