At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Ensure high quality of development work delivered with native mobile applications. The expectation is that higher quality of code will lead to better consumer experiences on mobile devices.
- Optimize / Reduce the amount of rework, thereby improving the total cost of development, through standardization, re-usability and first time quality
- Perform coding and development with coding/leading by example in mind for internal and external development teams.
- Support the Creation / modification of and roll-out development guidelines, tools and processes for Development across all relevant areas
- Decompose overall solution design into manageable technical work packages which can then become the basis for development by an external partner / development pool or resources
- When necessary, develop technical specifications for development work to be outsourced to an external partner
- Act as the technical lead for the Project by steering the development activities of external partners / developers – through best practices, desired coding standards, etc.
- Perform code review to establish conformance to standards and desired quality levels
- When necessary, perform coding and development go fulfil project goals
- Project Management: Ensure project demand can be balanced with resource availability, enabling development services to be provided in a timely, high quality and cost efficient manner in order to meet agreed project timelines
- Finance Planning: Track and monitor of actual technical workpackage development costs, and related external effort
- Communication: Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Development stakeholder community; coordination with other organizations to deliver a seamless overall software delivery experience and ecosystem integrated solutions.
- Development team lead in steering vendor resources for development activities
- Code review and acceptance of the vendor development deliverables
- Monitor and approve effort spent by external developers on technical workpackages assigned to them
- Product teams within DBC
- Service vendors for development
- DevOps teams
- Support teams
- Vendor Management team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong hands-on Software Development background
- Willingness and passion to code and develop technical artifacts as required
- Proven working experience with different SDLC methods (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a flexible environment & Patience to work under pressure
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Specific Skills (vary by different technologies)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 4-6+ years in tech with development / hands-on coding experience
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience