The Manager of Advanced Creation Testing will ensure that Reebok products meet the functional demands of consumers by acting as the functional advocate of product and athletes to the in-line teams. They will be responsible for researching, testing, and understanding the performance needs of athletes and the effects of product on performance. This person will conduct performance tests (mechanical, biomechanical, physiological, and sensory) of components, footwear, and apparel.
- Design and conduct research studies to quantify the effects of footwear and apparel in support of in-line teams.
- Ensure that research projects are completed in time to affect product development timelines.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data in a sound scientific manner.
- Utilize advanced analysis techniques, or develop new test protocols to understand human performance, technology or materials.
- Report and present data in a clear and concise manner for a non-technical audience.
- Serve as a functional expert, advocate and educator of the needs of consumers and athletes.
- Attend category meetings to identify functional issues that need testing.
- Test and qualify new materials to determine if they meet Reebok standards.
- Maintain expertise by: keeping well-informed of new scientific literature, new instrumentation and new analysis tools, attending research conferences, and maintaining professional contacts.
- Mentor Performance Engineers.
- Reports to Senior Manager of Performance Engineering.
- Interacts with members of Performance Engineering and Product Testing.
- Interacts internally with: Product Marketing, Design, Development, Product Creation Team, test subjects, and Costing.
- Interacts externally with: academic institutions, test subjects, consultants, testing facilities, coaches, and athletes,
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience collecting, processing, analyzing and reporting mechanical, biomechanical, and physiological data (e.g. kinetics, kinematics, EMG, VO2, sensory information)
- Record of presenting and publishing experiments in journals and/or at scientific conferences
- Ability to program in a computer language (e.g. Matlab) to visualize and process data.
- Ability to design and conduct statistical tests, and program in a statistical software package (e.g. SAS, JMP, R).
- Ability to communicate complex technical information, both verbally and in writing, in a simple and exciting fashion.
- Ability to synthesize data and write test results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of human anatomy, physiology, and biomechanical analysis tools and techniques.
- Culturally connected to sports and fitness worlds.
- Ability to communicate with athletes to understand their needs.
- MS or PhD in biomechanics, kinesiology, biomedical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of research experience, or experience working within a product creation team (preferably in footwear or apparel industry).
In the fall of 2017, the Reebok brand is moving its headquarters to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston’s Seaport District. The move will bring community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace will foster a vibrant collaborative culture and will allow the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters will be equipped with an extensive employee fitness center and a public retail store.