At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Digital Sports is creating an interactive health and fitness community on a foundation of data science, sport science and behavior science. A new app is being designed to engage consumers in healthy activities. At the core of this opportunity is our strategic purpose – to enable a healthier global population.
The Product Owner will lead a cross-functional team who is responsible for driving a lean approach to launching a new digital product into the market.
- Own the overall integrity, utility, adoption and user experience of the product.
- Lead cross functional agile Product Team representing UX, design, engineering, and analytics to deliver high value solutions that meet business and user needs
- Be a strong team player that has exception interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Have the ability to work with a product team, and also effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders that is persuasive, motivating, and solution oriented.
- Own the product experience to delivery on the vision, business objectives, roadmap, prioritization activities, and orchestrate the product team’s day to day activities to meet these needs. Develop and maintain a product roadmap that reflects a sustainable path to delivering value at a regular cadence.
- Leverage data to inform product direction, and cultivate innovative solutions that meet the needs of technology, business, and design standards.
- Be the key link between stakeholders and the product team, maintaining a collaborative, action-oriented, and balanced working relationship.Drive definition and prioritization of modules/SDKs, services and toolkits. Align with corporate mobile team where possible to ensure re-use in own products and related app experience.
- Define and own the framework for mobile app life cycle - experience definition, app store publishing, optimization (ASO), KPI based prioritization.
- Business leadership
- Digital Brand Commerce counterparts
- Engineering (software, data science)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- University Degree in computer science, engineering, business or a related field preferable.
- 10+ years industry and / or relevant work experience, preferably in mobile consumer apps, digital wellness or lifestyle products, digital content platforms, or startups
- A strategic, big picture thinker that can turn vision into actionable tactics.
- Strong product management skills, with experience leading a cross-functional product team. 4+ years of experience with agile software development.
- Experience launching consumer facing digital products, and leading teams to deliver a scalable product to the market
- Hands on ability to develop strong relationships and build consensus among cross-functional stakeholders with different objectives and perspectives.
- Experience with data analysis, modeling, experiment design to support decision making with consumer facing mobile experiences.
- Have a problem solving mind-set with a bias towards action, has the ability to motivate others to do the same. Has the ability to establish a level of clarity and direction in the midst of ambiguity.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.