At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
The Director BU Finance adidas Basketball acts as a financial advisor and business partner to the brand adidas senior management team, in particular with the General Manager of adidas Basketball by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. The Director BU Finance adidas Basketball and drives the business planning and tracking to achieve (financial) targets as well as the brand’s strategy. In this role the Director BU Finance adidas Basketball provides guidance and insights to Marketing and Finance teams in the area of planning & target setting and convinces global and local teams to coordinate and streamline processes and procedures.
- Influence brand adidas senior management team in strategic planning as well as translating strategic business targets in seasonal and category targets.
- Support the definition of the department’s strategy and tactics in line with Corporate Performance management’s strategy and Group strategy.
- Drive ad-hoc/scenario analysis for fast decision taking. Ensure financial guidelines are respected and identify critical processes & advice solutions
- Engage in the design of new process and reporting standards for entire P&L tracking. Enable a fact based decision-making process by creating transparency on key performance indicators with respect to business plans (mainly Net Sales, volume, margin, MWB, OOH, range size, Inventory)
- Manage the Category P&L in terms of Budgeting, Forecasting and actual result steering
- Ensure the end-to-end financial transparency of the category by developing and implementing a relevant set of KPI’s for complexity management, Sales tracking and projecting, product lifecycle analysis, ABC and overlap analysis etc.
- Identify & propose new strategies and processes for driving the profitability and efficiency of the area of responsibility
- Provide comprehensive business expertise for the adidas management team and act as an interface between different functions (Marketing, Design, Marketing Operations, Go-to Market Teams, Retail Merchandizing etc.) and different development locations (Herzogenaurach, Portland, Asia, LAM) to drive alignment and to ensure smooth operation of the business.
- Create environment which enables team members to perform
- Provide training, mentorship and leadership to define standards, processes and procedures within own area of responsibility but also in the larger circle of concern within the finance and marketing department.
- General Manager of Basketball
- Brand adidas senior management team (e.g. Brand Management, Concept to Consumer, Marketing Operations)
- Market /Store /Retail Finance & Performance Management Team
- Finance, Controlling, Accounting
- External Partners / Business Consultants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
- High degree of customer orientation
- Ability to maneuver in consistently changing environment
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and understanding of external business drivers
- Thorough understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
- Very good communication skills for persuasion and convincing others both internally and externally
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to coach, guide, manage, and develop a small team
- Ability to execute strategy
- Excellent analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources
- University Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Controlling
- 8+ years experience in Finance
- Leadership experience
- Deep understanding of adidas end-to-end processes and system landscape
- Fluent in English, plus if other languages