At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The Digital Sports team has been challenged with creating a user experience targeted at the versatile female athlete. This experience needs to maintain engagement of the user by providing meaningful discoveries and insights. These insights can only become meaningful if they are extracted from the actual behavior of the user. To be successful the team needs to build a data science system and algorithms that can extract these insights and discoveries. This role will lead the creation of the data science system as well as the research and external partners that will contribute to the science behind the discoveries.
- Lead and Develop a world class Applied Research & Data Science(AR&DS) Team.
- Develop and manage the AR&DS Strategy for Digital Sports to facilitate the creation of new Discovery concepts and the continuous development and improvement of existing IoT products and app experiences.
- Build a network of external experts in varying fields of science and technology that support the Discoveries in the adidas All Day experience leading to insightful and engaging opportunities for our users.
- Spot and communicate opportunities for Digital Sports through the application of Data Science methodologies on our own as well as publically available data sources.
- Manage R&D programs and validation work to ensure accuracy, precision and the use of best practices is followed thus ensuring the Digital Sports offerings are rooted in sound and repeatable science.
- Create and develop rigorous user data analytics that facilitate optimum development of current and new features for the targeted market.
- Ensure the use of a science led approach for Digital Sports in the development of functions and features for the targeted market identified by the Digital Sports leadership team.
- Manage the AR&DS group to deliver technical components and trial results on time and accurately.
- Interface with colleagues in development, UX, and marketing to understand business needs and market trends in order to define technical programs which target science or new end-use applications accordingly.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic technical platform development, visioning, and process skills
- Broad, yet deep knowledge of science and technology, particularly physics and math.
- Advanced knowledge of experimental design and analysis including statistical methodology.
- General understanding of the physiology of the body
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Matlab, Redshift, and advanced data science and statistical packages
- Strong people and project management skills across a matrixed organization
- Good cross-team collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem identification and solution abilities
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Advanced degree in physics, engineering, or data science required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience in R&D management, including strategy development, data science, algorithm development, and results analysis.
- Significant experience in developing data science systems, algorithm development and information dissemination, particularly in a consumer environment.
- A good understanding of the physiology of the body, particularly with reference to sports is desirable.
- Experience working in and with multi-cultural teams preferred